POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Simulating the Effects of Aging : Simulating the Effects of Aging Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Simulating the Effects of Aging
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 30 Dec 2004 12:30:00
Message: <web.41d43a112a18c3f78a85f6810@news.povray.org>
I'm currently working on a model of an object that is supposed to be fairly
old and I was wondering how to simulate the effects of age.

f.ex. tarnish (the object is made of 0.75% Silver 0.25% Copper, I imagine
that after a while there would be some discoloration.) and rubbing (I've
considered using the object pattern to turn it into an isosurface and then
adding patterned or something like that but I'm not sure how this would be
done.)

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

ADB.